If you are planning on an extended or even a weekend fishing or boating trip, you should leave a float plan with someone who can notify the county sheriff or the US Coast Guard should you not return as scheduled. The following information should be included:
- Description of boat including size, color, make.
- Number of persons aboard and their names and addresses.
- Trip plan: Time leaving, destination, return date.
- Location where you parked your vehicle, along with a description and license number.
- Your float plan should also include the time you would like the person to notify the county sheriff or the Coast Guard if you don't return as scheduled, and the authorities telephone number.