The Monkey's Fist
||To tie a Monkey's Fist:
- Begin with three LOOSE parallel loops around the spread fingers of
your left hand, Leave about 18 inches hanging at the beginning. We will
call this set of loops "A loops."
- Start a forth loop, only this time, come between your little and ring
- Now, work the end of the line back between the little and ring fingers
close to your palm to "capture" the A loops. Also keep these
- Next, pass the line over, between your ring and middle fingers, and
come back through these same fingers.
- Repeat this process going between your middle and index fingers. We
will call this second set of loops the "B loops."
- Continue to part B.
Return to the Monkey's Fist beginning
Return to Knots